Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Book Review: Downtown Chic



I'm not sure how they do it....

Robert and Cortney Novogratz:
own a thriving design firm,

have renovated an impressive number of fabulous homes,

manage properties in New York City, Massachusetts and Brazil,

are working on a Boutique Hotel on the Jersey Shore...

have seven beautiful children....and

they have written this amazing book on design and home renovation....!!

The book is based on their own experiences with buying derelict properties and is filled with inspirational quotes and pictures that will leave you drooling. Their eye for design is second to none.
I was fortunate to be invited at one of their housewarming parties several years ago and
I almost fainted while going through their stunning home.

One of my favorite quotes:
The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow H.G. Wells
They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. Francis Bacon

I heard that there might be a reality show on Bravo in the works for 2010...Looking forward to it!!!

1 comment:

Arianna Belle said...

I gottta check that book out!