Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Author Kim Smith
















Have you ever had a serendipitous meeting with someone who has the same interests and tastes? It's a truly magical moment and this is how I felt after meeting author Kim Smith this past summer at her stunning home in Gloucester, Mass. I have previously posted about Kim's book, Oh Garden of Fresh Possibilities. She is now hard at work on her second book about monarchs and I can assure you that based on the illustrations she showed me, the second book will be as breathtaking as the first.

She graciously invited us to her home for tea and as soon as I set foot inside, I was smitten. I met her charming husband who is also a writer. She gave us a tour of her gorgeous Victorian house and the decor had me drooling. And her garden is absolutely to die for, filled with gardenias, daisies and roses. I leave you with some wonderful photos taken by Kim. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! I just finished Kim Smith's wonderful book "Oh Garden of Fresh Possibilities" and to see her home is solely ENCHANTING as is her book!!!:))
xoxox,
Gerri