Monday, March 8, 2010
New Book-The Carrie Diaries
In "The Carrie Diaries," Sex and the City writer Candace Bushnell reveals what Carrie Bradshaw was like in high school, before the days of Mr. Big, Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, and Manolos....Here is a preview:
1. Carrie was a trendsetter even as a teen: She rocked a pair of vintage white patent-leather go-go boots on her first day of senior year.
2. Carrie was career-minded even at a young age. In the book, she applies to a summer writing seminar at the New School in New York City.
3. Carrie still sticks to her girlfriends. Lali and Maggie take the place of Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda.
4. However, we see hints of Carrie's adult life in the book. One of her classmates is Cynthia Viande: class president, head of the prom committee, and all-star Girl Scout. (Basically, a total Charlotte.) Cynthia's frenemy is Donna LaDonna, who turns heads at assembly wearing a very revealing wedding dress, like Madonna during her "Like a Virgin" days. A pre-SATC Samantha perhaps?
5. The Mr. Big in Carrie's teen love life could be the mysterious new student, Sebastian Kydd, that's got the entire school buzzing.
( image and text via Teen Vogue)