Thursday, October 21, 2010

Man's best friend: a little tribute









I will be adopting a friend's dog this weekend. His name is Leo and I thought of giving him {and all dogs} a tribute. {I will post pictures of him next week.}

I don't love dogs, I adore them: They make you smile. They cover you with love & affection. They are there for you when you're down. They can't wait for you to get home. They love you unconditionally and are never angry. They make great friends for the elderly.

So why some people mistreat them is beyond my comprehension. 

 To all those lovable furry friends, this post is for you!


I'm sharing a touching tribute written by author Ann Patchett about her dog Rose: How to Love a Dog



"Happiness is a warm puppy."  ~Charles M. Schulz






(Images via Fffffound, We heart it, Simply Seductive and Everything Fabulous)

11 comments:

a blonde and a brunette said...

What a sweet, perfect post! I adore dogs too - what a great descriptive word! Can't wait to see pics of your new furry baby!

Stacey said...

This is the best post ever! Loving these cute doggies:-).

The Buzz Blog said...

I so love my "girls" - two of the sweetest, cutest pups. With two boys in their 'tweens, I know I can always count on them for warm kisses and hugs. The boys are another story! Can't wait to see pictures of Leo...

C. Anne said...

I was absolutely frightened of all dogs until I turned 16! Funny fact. Its so great that you're adopting!

Sarah Klassen said...

So so sweet! I don't know what I would do without my little pup -- she is not so young anymore, but I hope that she will be around us for many more years :) She looks like the little Jack Russell in that handbag!

Hope you're having a lovely week,
xoxo

Renée Finberg said...

this was sweet!

thank you x

Anonymous said...

Thank you Isabelle.
TKS from the voicelss unfortunate Friends at the Montreal SPCA & Monteregie SPCA, waiting for a better life.
R

rossana Sommaruga said...

Thank you Isabelle.
A special thanks from all the unfortunate Friends at the Montreal & Monteregie SPCAs, waiting for a better life.
Ross

RobertaM. said...

I'm totally agree!I adore dogs too. You give them 10 and they give you 10.000.
Buon Weekend from Como.
P.S.
Sorry for my bad english.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Isabelle, what a lovely post. I was immediately smitten and then after reading Anne's tribute to her dog, almost found myself in tears. As I was reading it, my two dogs are snuggled up next to me sound asleep, and my life really wouldn't be the same without them. Thank you for such a lovely post and enjoy your weekend with Leo. :)

Peggy and Fritz said...

I loved your tribute and loved Annie's post on what she wrote about her dog. My little one turned three on the 18th and I dedicated my monday blog to her...I remember her coming home with home with me being overwhelmed, she followed me everywhere that I thought I should rename her Shadow...I felt like a fish out of water...and now I can't imagine life without her. When she tips her little head towards me or gives me kisses...I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. Good luck on your journey...can't wait to see pictures.