Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Never quit!




I came across this uplifting poem that I posted a while back, and I love it so much, I'm publishing it again!


When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint on the clouds of doubt,
And you can never tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

—Unknown




Is this not a great shot of Anna Dello Russo? The look on those ladies' faces is just priceles! To read the article, click here.



(Images via Teen Vogue.com, New York Times)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is such a great poem. Just what I needed!

xo

Anna White said...

Oh so very true..and just exactly the words I needed to read right now..Thank you lovely xxx

Christina Elaine said...

I love the poem... thanks so much for sharing......

xxx
CEO

Carolyn said...

Love your Poem, it's beautiful and very inspirational... thanks for sharing again... always good to be reminded!
Love, Carolyn

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great poem--and so true!

LOVE that Anna Dello Russo pic. How fab.

The Buzz Blog said...

Oh, so true! I've printed this and it is now tacked up on my inspiration board at work. And the image of the little ladies with their flowered bags - priceless!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

So very true. And I just love all of the photos. The first ones remind me of an Elle editorial from the mid 80s. And Anna looks amazing as usual :)

Happy Thursday!

Flotsam Friends said...

This is a truly fantastic poem. Funny too, my blogging friend at Pearl Maple has just posted this: http://pearlmaple.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post.html Pruxxx

Pearl Maple said...

Great post, Prudence recommended we visit and she was right, you have some fab things going on here. Always nice to meet other creative bloggers.