Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Stephanie's DIY: a better you!








This week's DIY will be a little different; I'm going to suggest work on the most important thing in your life- YOU!  I will, without regret, be the one to tell you that yes, you have to keep your resolution this year.  There's no better time than now and as the old chinese proverb goes, "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." 

Last year I managed to kick the worst habit I've ever had- smoking.  I come to you with the experience of success, the bitterness of wanting one more, and the sweet serenity of being freed of the want to win. 

Whether your goal is to travel more, be a better friend, eat healthier or learn to love yourself and the things you already have, the steps are all the same.  My favorite new habit is to bite off what I can chew by starting small.  It's not easy at first so I know I have to work my way up to a full achievement with every new challenge.  Here's the link to an article in TIME magazine with some real expert advice on how to attain your goals and another one  with some apps to keep you on track.

Remember, you're worth the effort and dedication.  This is one DIY that you shouldn't avoid attempting!
  
Good luck gorgeous readers!



(images Tyra, Doll My Face, Visualize Us, I hurt I am in Fashion)

2 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

Happy New Year to you*

I couldn't wait to stop by and see all that I have missed, but to also thank you so much for all of the kind and wonderful comments you have left me. It is a pleasure getting to know you more and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for this year :) Love this post—a great attitude!

xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Such wise advice to start small. I so agree. So many goals in life are not even attempted because they seem overwhelming, but if broken into bite-size pieces, they don't seem impossible at all. Imagine how easy cleaning a closet would be if you took it one tiny portion at a time instead of emptying everything into a big pile on your bed and feeling overwhelmed. So it is with everything. xo