Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dreaming of Cannes








The Cannes Film festival is well underway and how I wish I was there! A combination of glamour, film and the Mediterranean Sea would be just dreamy, non?

I'm particularly looking forward to viewing Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris which kicked off the festival in style and I Don't Know How She Does It which is being released next September with SJP based on Allison Pearson's fantastic novel. You can read a short review from the Telegraph here.

If you're looking for a touch of Cannes glamour, you can view pictures of Jane Fonda strutting the catwalk along with Naomi in a Fashion for Relief fashion show



(images via Vogue and Coffee, Getty Images)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I live in Cannes and I can comfort you that for those of us who are here full-time, it is mostly exhausting. The Croisette is so packed you can barely move, tourists everywhere, can't get a sunbed at Martinez. If you're actually going to walk the red carpet, sure that's fun, but otherwise I am afraid many find themselves with little to do after they've taken the obligatory pictures of the fancy cars! It is better in the imagination, for sure :)

Splenderosa said...

Imagination or not, I've been to Cannes many times and no matter how crowed it is, like for Bastille Day fireworks, it is always the beautiful blue of the water that calls to everyone. Lovely images, Isabelle, especially the 1st. Great post!!