Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Monday + My Country Life




I collect vintage gardening books, I must own three dozen..













I've been spending lots of time alone in the country lately as I find it very  inspirational for my writing. The serene surroundings along with the enveloping silence allows me to commune with my muse. After spending time on the Coveteur, a blog about the stylish digs of the international fashion crowd, I thought why not share some snippets of a writer's world? My life here is much different than in the city; I spend my days in J. Crew t-shirts, checkered shirts and jeans. In the  summer however, I like to wear flowered skirts and dresses, striped shirts and tunics. 

 I bought these two Yves Rocher fragrances on a whim this weekend and I'm so happy I did, they smell like fresh peonies and lilacs, just like my favorite spring flowers!

I found the green vintage silk dress for $5 at a local flea market! It has a tulle crinoline and is really well made and is in great condition. I have yet to wear it but I'm keeping it on standby in case I need to channel my inner Betty Draper.

Thank you for stopping by.

Have a fantastic week!


No comments: