Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Friday + Cheers from the backwoods!



I thought I would post a little tribute to the start of New York Fashion Week from the backwoods of Canada.( aka my cottage.)

While many of you were shopping and partying it up during Fashion Night Out yesterday evening, I was working on my fourth draft of J'Adore Paris in my very unglamorous flannel pj's with my best friends ( my coffee maker + Diet Coke ) and loyal pooch Leo.

You see writing a novel is a lonely gig and is far from glamorous or easy. Some days, it flows and you're on top of the world. Other days, you simply want to pull your hair out and throw in the towel and go back to doing whatever it was that you were doing before.  (In my case, billing my time as a lawyer.)


Then after the clouds pass, luckily, there is a glimmer of hope; something that pulls you back to your story, your craft. For me, it's the lovely messages received from my readers, a wonderful & inspirational blog post , or a simple quote:


 And I'm back at it in full swing.

Any success requires huge amounts of hard work, unflinching dedication and sacrifices.

As for the shopping & parties I missed last night, well I did a bit of my own online! :o)



Have a wonderful day, 

Isabelle



(images, via Serendipity)


3 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

well done, Isabelle!
waiting to review whatever you write =)

Kori said...

Loving those glasses! You should link this post up with me for Fashion Friday honey! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Sydney Steenland said...

I love to hear about others stories of fighting for their dreams, I too feed of others encouragement and inspiration
Quotes. We've gotta keep the fire burning!
(love your blog)
Sarah