Thursday, December 13, 2012

Spotlight: Sophia Webster




I came across this piece in the New York Times about shoe designer Sophia Webster and I must say that I really love her style! Her shoes are highly original and drool worthy...I'm still recovering from looking at her collection on Net-A-Porter.  Here's the interview.

SOPHIA WEBSTER, the British shoe and handbag designer. Her collection is sold at Kirna ZabĂȘte and Net-a-Porter.

WHAT I’M WEARING NOW The jeans and shirt are from Topshop. The jumper is ASOS. They do loads of cute jumpers. The shoes are from my spring collection. They have so much going on but seem to go with everything. The backpack is polka-dot pony and pink patent. I’m going to keep doing the backpacks. They’re more fun than the average handbag.

STYLE CREDO Normally I wear something with a cute element. I love pearls and pink. I usually wear my hair with a big bow in it to the side. But at the same time I don’t want to be too super-girly, so I mix it up.

ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST I’m desperate for one of the colorful Tom Binns splatter necklaces. A House of Holland bejeweled beanie hat and Grace Coddington’s memoir.

ON MY ENGAGEMENT RING I make the shoes in Brazil. During a break between factory visits, my boyfriend met me in Rio and proposed. He did so well with the ring. It’s rose gold with a pink stone. He obviously knows me. If it wasn’t pink, I would have said no.




1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog