Thursday, November 20, 2008

Books, Books and More Books






Picture from Domino
Picture Taken From New York Post


The Salon du Livre de Montreal was in full force over the weekend. I could have bought dozens of books...but I showed some ( major) restraint. Having recently returned from the Frankfurt Book Fair, I was a tiny bit booked out...There were lots of interesting titles that I perused including Naissance de Rebecca à l'ère des tourments by Marie-Claire Blais who won the Governor General's Award for best French novel and the autobiography of Benoite Groulx...I am currently reading Margaret Atwood's Payback, Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth. Of course , it is extremely entertaining but also quite timely given the current finanacial crisis. Stay tuned for a complete review!


No comments: