Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Friday!!






Happy Friday! What have you got planned for the weekend? I have lunch plans with old friends, will be getting acquainted with my new computer, and will hopefully finish reading Christian Dior's autobiography which I picked up at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London. It's quite fascinating. 

Here is an excerpt that caught my attention:

"What alarmed me the most about my stay in America was the habit of spending enormous sums of money in order to achieve so little luxury....it represents the quantitative over the qualitative. Men and women prefer buying a multitude of mediocre things to acquiring a few carefully chosen articles."

I tend to agree with his statement and it has made me take a closer look at my own spending habits. Going forward, I will try to buy one gorgeous dress instead of three "nice" ones. What about you, would you agree?





(Sparkles and Pretending via Pink Wallpaper and tweexcore)

No comments: